Thursday, February 20, 2014

Aloo Methi (Dry)

Well aloo methi is really a comfort food for me, I make it quiet often and we eat it with rotis or rice dal.
I love greens whether its palak, pudina,dill or methi, also I try and make 2-3 varieties in a week.This way we get our iron intake :)

What you need:
4-5 medium sized potatoes (boiled and sliced)
1 bunch of Methi leaves ( I use only the leaves)
2 medium sized onions chopped
1/2 tsp black mustard seeds for tempering
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp corainder powder
1-2 tbsp sunflower oil or any vegetable oil
Salt to taste

Method;

  1. Boil the potatoes and slice them, wash the methi leaves well to remove any dirt
  2. Heat the oil in the pan when hot add the mustard seeds once they split add the onions
  3. Fry the onions till transparent and add the methi leaves and fry till the water is evaporated and the leaves are almost dry 
  4. Add all the powders and fry for 2-3 mins
  5. Add the potatoes and fry well.
The dish is ready!!











No comments:

Post a Comment