Friday, April 11, 2014

Eggless Chocolate Cake (Using Yoghurt)

I usually don't bake egg less cakes or cookies unless I have guests who are vegetarians. I baked this sometime when my cousin visited us. To my surprise the cake turned out quiet moist and yummy.

I have adapted it from Edible Garden.

What you need:

1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt 

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease a pan of choice. Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl.
  2. In another bowl beat the butter, sugar and add the vanilla extract and yoghurt and mix well.
  3. Now add the dry ingredients to this mixture and fold into the mixture.
  4. Bake for 40-50 mins till the skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean.
  5. I frosted the cake with a very thin layer of ready made chocolate sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment