Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Whole Wheat Base Veg Pizza

Recipe Source : Sharmis Passion

What you need:

For Pizza base

Wheat Flour - 1 1/4 cups (I used Pilsbury)
Instant Yeast 1 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup + 1/3 cup (depends on the flour)
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Olive oil - 1.5 tbsp


For Toppings:

Onion
Capsicum
Babycorn
Plum Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Sweetcorn

I had 1.5  cups with all the above

Mozarella Chesse  - 1/2 cup grated
Cheddar Cheese - 1/2 cup grated
Tomato Pasta Sauce  - I used store bought

Garnish:

Black Pepper Powder
Oregano
Chilli Flakes
Salt


Method :

  1. In a bowl place the wheat flour, salt, sugar yeast, oil and water (1/4 cup) and gather the dough.
  2. Add more water as required little by little to make a pilable dough
  3. Place the dough in a warm place to double its size, mine took nearly 2.5 hrs since i live in a very cold place
  4. Also depends on the yeast. Cover the dough with a wet kitchen towel, leave it undisturbed.
  5. Once its doubled in size you need to place the dough on a lightly floured surface and punch it down
  6. Now roll it into a thin base, I made it into a big one pizza, you can make it into 3 small ones too
  7. Once rolled prick it with a knife fr even cooking
  8. Then spread the tomato sauce followed by Mozarella chesse and the toppings, then by the cheddar cheese 
  9. I marinated the toppings with pepper, oregan , chilli sauce and salt
  10. Bake it in preheated oven 200 deg for 15- 20 mins
  11. Once out of the oven garnish it with oregano, chilli flakes, salt and Enjoy :P





No comments:

Post a Comment